Audio Score – Bowers & Wilkins 802 Diamond (D4) – Audio Speakers Review
Iteration or Innovation? How good is the new D4 series from Bowers & Wilkins?
For the last few years, I have checked the rumors about B&W releasing a potential new 800 series speakers. The rumors were accurate – yes, there is a new 801 D4, but in a similar form factor as the 800 D3 and not like the notorious 801, with the single woofer, washing machine design. So now the new flagship is the 801, with the 802, 803, 804 and 805 completing the 800 series diamond. B&W does not increase the prices every year, in fact, they only increase the prices every six years with the release of a new series. This also happened this time, with a hefty price jump of the 802D4 to 26.000 Euros in Germany. In comparison, that is 4000 Euros more than the former flagship (800 D2) and the predecessor (802D3). This brought up the hope in me that the new 802 is not only better than its predecessor but also better than the 800D2 in as many terms as possible.
Let’s check out this review and see how the new 802 D4 performs.
These 26.000 Euro speakers are connected to Mcintosh separates (MC 611 Monoblocks and C53 Preamp) and a Linn Streamer. All of the components were connected to a ISOTEK Aquarius EVO 3 filter. The review is done at Hifi Audio in Düsseldorf, my favorite B&W and Mcintosh dealer in the area. If you ever have the chance to check out hifi equipment in the Düsseldorf area, please check out Hifi-Audio, or check out their website.
For the last 20 years, I have been a happy customer and can highly recommend a personal visit or digital on: hifi-audio.de
This A3S – score review is quite simple, with 3 main chapters:
- The first part SIGHT focusses on the score of the device. Based on my personal experience, I will rate the speakers in various categories, give a score for the current value and the give it an audio-score. The total score is 40 points maximum.
- The second part focusses on the SOUND aspects of the device, with a maximum of 50 points.
- Last, we have the VALUE part, that accounts for 10 points.
Time for the Audio Components Review!
If you are in the market for the best speaker for medium-sized listening spaces, go ahead and buy the new 802. The car equivalent for me is the 2021 BMW M5 competition. Fast, luxurious, high quality and accuracy.
Ps, you need an audioscore for your equipment? Contact me.
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/audioscaleurs/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Audioscaleurs
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1fyOvUcq0StoYp2BW5kp0Q